Balveen Kaur, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Neurological Surgery
385D Wiseman Hall
400 W. 12th Avene
Areas of Expertise
- PhD: Emory University
Current Research Description
To investigate changes in the tumor microenvironment associated with disease progression and in response to treatment to design better therapies. Currently active research areas include:
- engineering more efficient "tumor-killing" vectors
- finding and testing novel prodrug/gene therapy strategies
- defining more selective oncolytic viruses
- identifying biomarkers predictive of response to therapy.
- defining the role of host defense response in vector delivery in tumors